Monday 24 August 2015

Something Old, Something New


Needed !
Again a long time since the last post, have been dealing with Lightroom Catalogue, culling savagely to get a working set of images to keep, sadly not that many worthy ones.

During this process I have realized that somewhere along the way my direction became too narrow in photographic terms, as I have found many images I really like from 2004 onward, where, to be honest I was mobile, and visited many places, doing Stock Photography for a couple of Tourism websites, and generally snapping things I saw.

Lightroom has aided me enormously, sorting into Smart Collections, I am glad I named folders in a logical fashion, with a location name, event or similar.. eg.  2010_02_20_Nice_Carnival, so I can create a Smart Collection, with the 2 rules, SOURCE_ Folder, contains Nice, and secondly SOURCE_ Folder, contains Carnival. That gives me all the images, spread over several drives, to look at.

Similarly all London, Venice or similar are all in one collection...

Another use is the metadata panel, in events sets , many not culled, I will have lots of useless images, not sharp, wrong framing or whatever, and I have used the Metadata Info to give me all the images at slow shutter speeds, those being the worst sets, and just rejected all, then deselected any that looked useful, moving up shutter speeds.

Lots of info on Smart Collections online, they fill in seconds, and give a great starting point for selecting images. Any rules can be used, file type, file name, date range etc.



Not used keywords that much previously so cannot use them as a find tool yet.

During the past year, I have been photographing at several local events, the Wildflower Chain Project, Bloomsday  Bloomsday Gallery, WW1 Commemoration and other things, giving photographic support as I am able....

A mixed bag here, some pictures from a walk yesterday, and some "Golden Oldies" (the last 2)

All the others taken 23/8/15 with a Sony A6000 and Sony 30mm Macro f3.5 lens.
Scrumping ?

























Left Behind

I love photographing chairs

No comments:

Post a Comment