Wednesday 29 October 2014

Doncaster Days - An Urban Exploration ?

Like many photographers I am trying to find new ways of looking at what I photograph, and ways of expressing those subjects. This trial and error approach produces some results I like, and certainly is a lesson in post processing, which I argue with myself about, is the effect more important than the subject matter. Filters and presets put a whole world of possibilities in front of you, and there is an element of "Rightness" in choosing the final edit.

I was supposed to be photographing a Blues Festival, but this was sadly cancelled,and as the train and hotel was booked, I decided to go. Arriving in Doncaster Sunday afternoon, it was really quiet, and I decided to have a wander before booking in at the Premier Inn (Good stay there). I had found the CAST arts building online and headed for that, taking in other streets on the way.

Monday morning, breakfast and then  the same thing until my train left at 12 0'clock, an enormous East Coast train, well filled with passengers.

Dull light presented some interesting problems and I had decided to try a few new approaches, takeing a wider view on the city, mostly architecture, little street. Some of the results are here .....

Doncaster Images





No comments:

Post a Comment