Friday 21 November 2014

A look at my garden as Winter approaches

We have a small garden space and a while ago I decided to create an individual garden that is reasonably easy to maintain, with a lot of colour, individual "room" spaces, and be a garden to sit and enjoy.

I have used timber decking, trelliswork, slates, raised beds, plant troughs, tubs, a pergola, hanging baskets and small features, solar lighting, added over a couple of years. Now everything has grown, some things are out of proportions, and the paintwork needs a refresh.

In the next few months I will replant, paint, install new features, and get it ready for Summer 2015.
My planting schemes are haphazard, I love geraniums, begonias, grasses, fuchsias, clematis and the like, used to create an interesting mix of colour and form.

A labour of love, really tackled as a rehabilitation project after my prolonged illness, looking at it now I am astonished and proud that it took shape. Loads of wood planks, numerous bags of slate and decking slats  were used to complete it, and now I wish I had chronicled the process. Hey ho, can now look to doing it as I add new features and replant.

Below are a few shots I have taken, one during the Summer before last, and some random ones from a week or two ago. No "tidying" done, but the reshaping will allow me to do more clean shots.


Taken a couple of years ago, now much more added.

Self watering troughs on a fence shelf, with more pots on top. Geraniums need to be put away now before the frosts.













No comments:

Post a Comment