Wednesday 31 July 2013

Yoruba Arts Festival 2013

Yoruba Arts Festival is a boutique cultural festival in Hackney's Clissold Park, and this is my 4th visit there, as part of my volunteer Festival work, seeing some great people, hearing some fine music, and basically having a good time.
Saturday was spoilt by rain and other factors, but the sun shone for us on Sunday. These are a few of my favourite shots, one takes a lot at music festivals, just to get the right expression, microphone clear of face, and lighting right, also I try to get a clear background.

I seem to prefer monochrone for music and dance, but some acts are so colourful they have to be in colour. The technique of blur and sharpness I like, but is a bit hit and miss, sometimes a 30th sec is okay, sometimes too slow, depending on the speed of action, and lens distance, just has to be experimented with.
I 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment