Friday 20 September 2013

Random Choices

I have so many files lurking on my drives and I flick through looking for that perfect shot, but to be haonest they don't exist for me, I feel like I take snapshots, good ones, but nothing meaningful in the widest sense of the word, to me photojournalism is that, showing life in the raw, with all the tragedy, and wonder that is out there. However, I seek perfection in the stuff I do, and it gives me pleasure, so I guess
 that will suffice.


.
Morecambe Bay Cloudscape, I could not resist it, and the boat made the grade too.

Performance photography, the most enriching subject to photograph for me.

Three lovely ladies at the Morecambe Vintage Festival, I literally stopped them and asked if I could take a shot, which I did. Strangely they never asked to see it, and where it would go. 

Morecambe again, given an after-treatment from Color Efex Pro I liked. The Fells are in the distance across the Bay. Again a little boat stranded until full tide, which approaches very rapidly as it almost a flat foreshore.


An oldie sitting on the hard drive, just loved this perfect paintwork, with the brilliance of the Nice summer light.

I have just decided to go through my drives, to find duplicate or near duplicates, the resized files used once etc, so that is chundering through two external drives at the moment, as a start. Will see how that works then set up Lightroom 5, which seems to be the programme of choice, very good value too.
Another learning curve but may pay dividends with a more rapid workflow, to use the in vogue word.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment