Wednesday 25 September 2013

Venice Recollected - A few images collected over visits

Many years ago, or so it seems now, one could get a flight to places for literally a penny plus usual taxes, and I used these to fly off to places for literally a day, getting up at 3am to get to Stansted and fly about 7am, and getting the evening flight back. It gave me a few hours to mooch around a city, taking photographs a-plenty, and thoroughly enjoying the brief glimpse I had of the destinations. The furthest journey was to Palermo, which was the best visit, other places included Seville, Paris & Oslo.

All those shots have yielded a few competition entries and photobooks, and I felt it was time to resurrect them, have a critical look, and see if they have any mileage for an exhibition I want to do next year. It is certainly true to say that my processing skills are better, with the help of various plug-ins, and obvoius flaws in previous work can probably be corrected, time willing. I have all the originals, with one or two notable exceptions, hard drive failure, no backup, so can get back and edit again.

The se ones sprung to mind, they were made as a panel for Cambridge Camera Club, not sure if they did anything, Venice is a popular place, and difficult to get original shots, and indeed it is a difficult city to "get", so much visual joy there, it is overwhelming.

The themes was obviously bridges, and I wanted to get a saturated look to the set.

  
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment